sobota 20. júla 2013

Cello Player Raymond Sicam Shares Stage with Celine Dion

LAS VEGAS – Raymond Sicam, a Filipino-American cello player gets to share the stage with legendary singer, Celine Dion and gets to share a few minutes of the spotlight with a superstar.

"It was kind of a childhood dream. I loved her music when I was a kid and when she had her other show, A New Day, I was in high school then and I really was interested on how to be a musician in the show," Sicam said.

"But they didn't have string players then. So now, with the show it was an opportunity for me to audition. It was amazing that I got the job," he added.

Sicam started playing cello at the age of 10. Now 28 years old, Raymond is the only Filipino-American working and performing with the Grammy-award winner and multi-platinum awardee in her must-see show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.

The Pinoy cellist momentarily shares the stage with Dion, during “River Deep Mountain High”.
“I learn a lot just from being around her and seeing how she is, how she interacts with us. She is just having fun on stage. She is just natural, very relaxed. We’ve known each other for two years now so it’s a very casual thing. She is just herself,” he said.

Sicam said despite reports that Dion is a diva, he knows her as a simple, yet passionate person.
“She is terribly nice. She is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life actually. She is nice to everybody. It doesn’t matter if you are a performer, clean-up people, bosses, ushers, the sound-guys... she is just genuinely nice to everybody,” he said.

While Sicam said he enjoys his gig with Dion, he is hopeful that one day, he will have his own show as a headliner, playing his own music.

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára