pondelok 17. novembra 2014

Celine Dion "(If There Was) Any Other Way" version2 (Unison 1990)

Celine Dion's first ever English language recording, 'Unison,' has been argued to be the true beginning of the superstar as we know her today. Selecting material from such noted writers as Paul Bliss, Aldo Nova, Tom Keane, and David Foster, the collection is truly stunning. 

The first single, "(If There Was) Any Other Way" was destined to be a major crossover radio hit from the beginning.

 Two music videos made for the song: the first one was released in February 1990 for the Canadian market and it was directed by Derek Case, and the second on March 6, 1991 for the U.S. The latter was directed by Dominic Orlando and filmed in Los Angeles, California and Vancouver, Canada. The two videos were included separately on Dion's 1991 home video Unison, depending on the Canadian or U.S. release.

The song reached number 23 in Canada and number 35 in the U.S. "(If There Was) Any Other Way" was more successful on the Adult Contemporary charts peaking at number 8 in the US and number 12 in Canada.

(If There Was) Any Other Way
Sorry I know I'm late 
Guess I lost all track of time 
Started walking and couldn't stop turning it 
over in my mind 
Trying to make some sense of it 
Trying to make the pieces fit 
I thought I covered my tracks so well 
But now he says he knew about it from the start 
Yeah he knew about us all along... 

If there was any other way love 
Don't you think I've tried to find it 
Don't you think I want to stay 
If there was any other way love 
There's no way out of this 
There just ain't any other way... 

Maybe I'd better be leaving now 
But there's something I want you to 
Understand before I go 
Sometimes we don't have a choice when we 
Play and break the rules 
I just had to see you darlin', one more time 
If only just to say goodbye 
'Cos he knew about us all the time 

I never wanted it to be like this 
I never meant to get serious 
But now the thought of losing you 
Takes some getting used to 

-- 
(Paul Bliss)

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára