utorok 17. júla 2018

Celine DioN : "IF A COULD" (A NEW DAY... LIVE IN LAS VEGAS 2004)

IF I COULD
If I could 
I’d protect you from the sadness in your eyes 
give you courage in a world of compromise 
yes, I would 

If I could 
I would teach you all the things I’ve never learned 
and I’d help you cross the bridges that I’ve burned 
yes, I would 

If I could 
I would try to shield your innocence from time 
but the part of life I gave you isn’t mine 
I’ve watched you grow, so I could let you go 

If I could 
I would help you make it through the hungry years 
but I know that I could never cry your tears 
but I would 

If I could 
yes, if I live 
in a time and place where you don’t want to be 
you don’t have to walk along this road with me 
my yesterday won’t have to be your way 
If I knew 

I would try to change the world I brought you to 
and there isn’t very much that I could do 
but I would 
If I could 
oh baby

I just want to protect you 
and help my baby through the hungry years 
’cause you’re part of me 
and if you ever ever ever need 
I said a shoulder to cry on 
or just someone to talk to 
I’ll be there, I’ll be there 
I didn’t change your world 
but I would 
If I could
------------------------------------------------
(Ron Miller / Ken Hirsch / Marti Sharron)

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára