nedeľa 23. septembra 2012

Celine Covers “At Seventeen”

"At Seventeen", written by Janis Ian and first released in 1975 is about being unpopular and feeling alienated while growing up; something that many people experience. Last year in an interview with Brendan Kelly of the Montreal Gazette, Celine revealed that when she first heard the lyrics she could relate, the song “touched me tremendously. I could feel for the first time that somebody was singing about the way I was feeling when I was a young teenager. Totally feeling awkward about the way I looked and where my place was in teenager-hood and schoolyards.” Did you know that Celine performed “At Seventeen” for the first time at the 2008 Grammy Nominations television special as a tribute to Janis Ian? Celine later included the song in her 
 Las Vegas show.

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára