utorok 17. novembra 2015

Celine Dion fan has traveled five times from Brazil to see Caesars show

Celine Dion’s fans might be the most loyal of any pop-star entertainer. They travel from all over the world, some for weeks on end, to hear the Canadian songbird sing here at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace. They also have already secured their front-row seats when Celine spends time next summer on a break from Las Vegas to perform in Quebec and Europe.

 Maria, of Porto Alegre, Brazil, has traveled here five times just to watch Celine’s shows. She told me: “It’s a pleasure talking to you specially because we talk about my favorite topic, Celine. Her fans all over the world love her deeply. We are all connected through social media.

“We know this is a difficult time for her, but she is right where she’s supposed to be: onstage. We’ll keep coming from all over the world to Las Vegas to show her our love. Onstage, she’s at home. Her new show is amazing. Her voice is better than ever. I was there for four shows the past few days, and each time I cried happy tears because I realize what a privilege it is to be able to hear her sing live.

“Since I was a kid, I have loved her and her songs. I learned to speak French and English listening to her. My dream was always to sing with her, and now that’s come true. I bought front-row seats for my second night in Las Vegas. Celine came down the aisle and stopped to take photos with some of the audience. When she reached my row, she said she had to get up onstage and finish the song with her band, so one last picture.
Maria met Celine once before — back in 2007:
“I got a summer job at Disney World in Florida and saved every penny so I could come to Las Vegas. I got to your city only to find her show had been canceled. I had a photo of me crying by the poster. Her husband Rene heard about it and said I could meet her to make up for it. She apologized having to cancel. I also met her at a meet-and-greet in 2012.”

I asked Maria how Celine was managing to cope with husband Rene’s throat cancer battle and still do her show: “ She’s performed her entire life, so the stage is her home. It’s where she seems happy. Celine is a very strong woman and knows all her fans support her. She’s in the right place. She feels our energy.”
“I was the lucky one, and I told her I’d finish her song. I think she’s heard me sing because I recorded my songs on a CD once, which I gave to her bodyguard on one of my earlier trips. I hope she got to listen to it in the car on her way back home.

“She was on fire this night and handed me the mic. She first of all joked that she wanted a photo with me. Then because somebody in the audience had shown his arm with Celine tattooed on it, she teased me saying my name was tattooed on her arm. She hugged and kissed me, then she told me I could have the Colosseum the next night to do my show.

“Are you trying to take my job away?” she laughed. Then Celine told the audience, “Tickets are on sale next week for Maria’s shows.”

“Obviously, it was totally unexpected. I never dreamed it would happen. I will remember the night forever. People have been sending me videos from all different angles in the theater.”

Maria told me she doesn’t sing professionally but has sung in a choir. She’s already saving money to return for Celine’s next run of shows in early 2016.

“I want to bring my parents with me next time,” she said. “Celine has never been to Brazil, so it will be wonderful for them to hear her live. The only dream I have now is for Celine to one day visit Brazil for concerts in my home country.”


Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára