streda 18. novembra 2015

Celine Dion on Good Mornig America ABC '40 For 40' Marathon November 17, 2015


Had a blast w @celinedion in Vegas last night for #GMA40. We're in the final hours of livestreaming news, concerts, and breaking news updates from #Paris. 

Celine Dion joined ABC News’ Sara Haines and Michelle Collins on the “GMA 40 for 40” livestream live from Las Vegas, looking back on Dion’s first time on “Good Morning America” in 1991. It was the singer’s first appearance on American television.

Dion says the clip brings back “tons of memories” for her.

“It brings a very innocent, charming, emotional moment for me because I so wanted to sing for the world,” Dion, 47, explained. “I so wanted to make it. I so wanted to express myself. It’s a little bit funny too because when you look at yourself way back you look at your look, you look at your hair and you look at your outfit, and I assume it’s the same for all of us, it’s between being funny and sentimental.”

The singer also visited “GMA” in 1997 when she serenaded Joan Lunden on her very last day anchoring the broadcast.

“Every time that you come to be part a show like your show, it’s a privilege,” she said. “We want to show our passion. We want to have access to television, to be able to communicate and you have given us for 40 years now the opportunity to break the seals between what we feel as singers and talk and sing to the fans. And when we are on the plateau or from Vegas to New York with the technology of today, it’s a privilege because I’ve always wanted to sing. And how many years now after my first time with you, you still want me to be part of it, it’s a privilege. So thank you so much. I congratulate you as well for 40 amazing years for all of us.

Celine Dion Says Husband Rene Is a 'Champ' Battling Throat Cancer

Celine Dion Will Resume Her Las Vegas Residency

When asked about her husband’s health as he’s been battling throat cancer, Dion replied, “He’s doing great. He’s stable.”

“I’ve been very amazed all my life about my husband. That’s why I married him,” she added. “That’s why he’s been the only man of my life. But to see him, how strong he is, I knew I was his favorite singer, I knew he was the best manager, I knew he was very smart, I knew he was handsome, I knew it all, but when sickness is imposed to you, and they show you on a daily basis how strong they are because they love you and they respect that there’s no yesterday and there’s no tomorrow, today is the only day that’s important and you make the best of it. I’m amazed of him even more than ever before. I was in love with him the first day, and today I find the strength and I look at him and I learn so much from him.”

Dion said getting back on the stage and performing for her fans has helped her deal with balancing her current struggles at home, as well.

“What helps me to go on stage is that it gives me an opportunity to express myself to release stress, to share moments, to share my passion, go back home and not allow my kids and my husband to feel my stress because I’m scared,” she explained. “I’m scared for me, I’m scared for him, I’m scared for my children. I’m scared for us. But when I come here I share with the fans fun times, expression, self-expression. I selfishly have a good time for about an hour and 40 minutes. I go home, I feel rejuvenated and I’m the best mommy possible, the best wife possible because I was hopefully the best singer possible for the fans for an hour and 40 minutes. I’m trying to balance my life the best way I can.”

GMA

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára