pondelok 2. marca 2015

Celine Dion & Tony Bennett "If I Ruled The World" (Duets: An American Classic 2006)

Tony  Bennett, with Celine Dion, returned to the song on his Grammy-winning 2006 album Duets: An American Classic.
The album was released in conjunction with Bennett's 80th birthday the previous month. The songs selected were mostly ones that Bennett had played a major role in introducing into the Great American Songbook.

Unlike some other celebrity duets efforts where performances were recorded separately and then combined by producers, such as Frank Sinatra's 1993 Duets, Bennett was physically present with each of his partners during recording. The vocals were performed live as the band was playing.

It debuted at #3 on The Billboard 200 selling around 202,000 copies in its first week.
The Album Won The Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album at 2007.

If I Ruled The World
(feat. Celine Dion)

If I ruled the world,
Every day would be the first day of spring,
Every heart would have a new song to sing,
And we'd sing of the joy every morning would bring.

If I ruled the world,
Every man would be as free as a bird,
Every voice would be a voice to be heard,
Take my word we would treasure each day that occurred.

My world would be a beautiful place,
Where we would weave such wonderful dreams.
My world would wear a smile on its face,
Like the man in the moon has when the moon beams.

If I ruled the world,
Every man would say the world was his friend,
There'd be happiness that no man coud end,
No my friend, not if I ruled the world.

Every head would be held up high,
There'd be sunshine in everyone's sky,
If the day ever dawned when I ruled the world

-----

/Cyril Ornadel, Leslie Bricusse/



Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára