streda 24. februára 2016

Celine Dion : We Will Always Be One'

Tearful Céline Dion Returns to the Stage for the First Time After René Angélil's Death: 'We Will Always Be One'

In what was undoubtedly an emotional night for her, Céline Dion was the picture of grace Tuesday evening in her first performance back on The Colosseum stage after losing her husband René Angélil to cancer last month. 

The first 20 minutes of the show were streamed live on CelineDion.com. 

The tribute event first began with a quote from Dion followed by a slideshow of family photos and René's TV appearances. 

"I understood that my career was in a way his masterpiece, his song, his symphony. The idea of leaving it unfinished would have hurt him terribly. I realized that if he ever left us, I would have to continue without him, for him. - Céline Dion" 

The audience greeted Dion with a standing ovation and roaring applause as she belted out "With One More Look At You/Watch Closely Now." 

"Thank you, I did rehearse this song in my closet and it went way better than that," Dion began, trying to hold back tears. "Through my life, I only had highs from my husband who sat out here night after night. People thought that I was looking at him actually, but I didn't need to because every time I close my eyes I felt René on stage with me whether he was seated in his seat right there, in the balcony, backstage or at home with the kids. He's always been on stage with me. And nothing will ever change that." 

Adding, "You know René always surrounded me with the very best people possible. I trusted him so much, that I never had the chance to worry about anything. Now I guess it is only a natural impulse to constantly question myself. Would he let the kids play with these toys and is this song too fast, is this song too slow. Don't talk too much. It is pretty amazing that since he is no longer physically with me he is even more present." 

"René was my very best critic. He never told me what I wanted to hear, he told me what I needed to hear. You know night after night on our way back home from the show when he was so silent, I could sense that he was trying to know how to approach me without hurting my artistic feeling, but there were things that he had to tell me for my own growth. René is the only man that I have known all my life. He always made me feel that we were on our first date, isn’t that amazing? Never talking bluntly, and always impressing himself in a soft and gentle way. We were one. And nothing has changed we will always be one." 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára